Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Observation of my Own Use of Technology (Blog Post #5)

                For this blog post I observed my own use of technology throughout a day at school. I will be going class by class and telling you how I used technology in each class. The types of technology I used throughout the day were my phone, and my computer. I used my phone to text and use social media, and I used my computer to type out some homework and check my email. When I took out my phone I spent less than five minutes on it, and I used my computer maybe for two hours in between classes. I used my phone primarily in the first ten minutes of class and in between classes.
                 In my first class, geology, I used my phone to look up answers to a rock/mineral crossword puzzle. I also took a quiz on JetPunk.com because our class was on a ten minute break from class to get breakfast, go to the bathroom, or just stretch our legs. We also used technology in the form of a PowerPoint and microscopes. In my second class, English, I didn’t use my phone at all because I know that my professor doesn’t stand for use of cell phones in class at all. We did, however, use a PowerPoint in that class. In my third class, history of Mexico, I didn’t use my phone at all because I really like that class and I am always very intrigued to learn more. We used a PowerPoint to learn more history. In my final class, math, I used my phone to text my sister because it was her birthday, and I regularly checked the time because I really wanted class to end because I was really tired. In between classes I would listen to music, read some of my tweets, go on Instagram, and look at pictures on the Internet.
                I found out that I really check the time a lot. And that I used my phone at times when it wasn’t necessary or needed. I think that I used technology in a good way, other than texting during class. In the future I plan to use my phone less and pay attention more in class.

From Google.com - This image shows an IPhone with music on it. 
I usually listen to music in between classes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment